Sunday, June 7, 2009

Walking the Green Line can Prove Embarrassing to Some


A while back I read a certain fact which has haunted me; Styrofoam takes 900 years or more to decompose! First I always wonder how these things are figured out, but then understanding that I'm no scientist, if the source is reputable then I take their word for it. In this instance it was from National Geographic, so I figured those kids knew their stuff.

Anyhow every time I went out to dinner and didn't finish the meal, I started to get anxious over which was worse; to take the leftovers home in a Styrofoam container, or to waste the food. I decided wasting the food was not an option, so I needed to come up with a better solution than accepting take home Styrofoam containers. Here's what I do now, bring my own containers. Seems simple enough to hide a plastic container in your purse, then when the time comes and the server asks if you would like to them to wrap what's left on your plate, you can simply respond, "Yes and please put it in here," whipping the container out of your bag and handing it to them, before they have a chance to think about it. Believe me it works most of the time, but be fore warned, if your husband is anything like mine, once the meals through and he eyes the server heading over your way, he'll quickly excuse himself and head off to the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment